Spring Cleaning Challenge
Date: March 20th – April 2nd, 2017
Location: Your Place
How does this challenge work?
• Begin! The first step in cleaning is to remove clutter and items you do not really need or use. Over the next several weeks, review your drawers, closets, cabinets, bookshelves, etc… and find all the things you really do not use. If items are in poor shape, toss ’em. If they are in good shape and you think someone else might want them, either sell them (e.g. Ebay/Craigslist) or donate them to a local thrift store.
• Take photos, videos, and tell your story. SHARE your successes & challenges to our FACEBOOK event. Show us some of the more interesting things you come across during your cleaning process.
Be sure to click + GOING on the Facebook page. We’ll be posting more helpful tips to the event page. Clicking + Going will ensure you get page updates.
• Some folks like to tackle the project all at once, some like to spread it out across a couple of weekends, and others like to find one item to remove and place on their donation pile every day. Find your personal style that makes it most enjoyable.
• Find a small area that is out of the way, where you can pile the items you are purging. One trip to the donation center is far easier than several.
• Refrain from throwing out things that are not yours. Ask nicely and get the other person’s buy in.
• Be aware, if you have not done this before, it can feel extremely liberating and become a habit. Once you remove a layer of stuff, you’ll begin to see more stuff that can be removed, and begin to remove layer after layer. Besides the freeing feeling, it also makes dusting, sweeping, and decorating a lot easier!
Do you enjoy reading self-improvement books? Are you interested in learning more about a variety of health related topics? Join the Healthy in the Triangle Book Club Group. We’ll keep you informed about upcoming books, where we’ll be meeting, and send you out a reminder a few days before each meeting, so you don’t forget to join us.
Read the book, don’t read the book, either way, come join us for a delightful discussion. I’ll be reading small sections from the book to spark conversation. Right now, the group meets quarterly.
Book: “Body Kindness” by Rebecca Scritchfield, RDN
Location: Sassool 9650 Strickland Rd, Raleigh, NC
Activity Fee: Free, but do plan to buy at least a little something to nibble on to support our host.
Description: “This practical, inspirational and visually lovely book shows you how to create a healthier and happier life by treating yourself with compassion rather than shame. It shows the way to a sense of well-being attained by understanding how to love, connect, and care for yourself – and that includes your mind as well as your body.”
Where to Find the Book:
• Durham Library System (Not available)
I look forward to seeing you for tasty eats and an enjoyable discussion.
Bring book ideas for the next read!